About Robert J. Garner—The Right Skill Set. The Right Experience.
During my career as a CPA, I've provided professional accounting, tax and consulting services to clients small and large, in all parts of the country and even overseas. I've kept myself fresh by working and immersing myself in almost all aspects of my profession and by doing what I like the most—interacting with people to help them meet their challenges and become more successful. This can be as straightforward as preparing their individual or business tax returns—an increasingly challenging task—or as complex as helping them chart their personal financial journeys or helping them find the answers to the tough questions faced by owners and managers of businesses. Here is a thumbnail of my experience and credentials:
- A Certified Public Accountant ; a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) and a Certified Risk Management Assurance™ (CRMA®) professional
- Formed Robert J. Garner, CPA in 2005 to serve the tax preparation and planning and personal financial planning needs of middle and upper income Charlottesville area clients as well as the business strategy and growth needs of area small businesses.
- Worked at Ernst & Young for 31 years, 19 as a partner. National Director of Ernst & Young’s Personal Financial Counseling Practice from 1991-99. Lead tax partner on several privately held businesses; partner in charge of the EY’s New York office personal tax practice, 1993-96; extensive experience in all major service lines at EY—tax, assurance and business consulting. Retired from EY in 2003.
- EY editor of the Ernst & Young Tax Guide (1993-96) and co-author of Ernst & Young Guide to Financial Planning.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the American Institute of CPAs’® Personal Financial Planning Division during 1993-96
- Current member in good standing of the AICPA®, The Virginia Society of CPAs® , The Certified Financial Planners Board of Standards® and The Institute of Internal Auditors®
About Jeffrey P. Blatter
During my career I've provided a broad array of finance and tax related services. In my early career I concentrated on corporate finance, budgeting, scheduling, ROI analysis and cash flow management. For the past 10 years I've concentrated my focus on providing tax preparation and personal tax and financial planning services (as an Enrolled Agent). During this span, I've completed thousands of tax returns for individuals and small businesses and advised my clients on a host of personal financial and small business issues of importance. Let me apply that experience in helping you with tax return preparation needs and tax planning issues and with financial planning to help you achieve you personal and small business financial goals.